The Dominion Hotel Group
Occupational Health & Safety Policy:
The Dominion Hotel Group is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all persons in the workplace including employees, contractors and other visitors.
Our employees, contractors and visitors have a duty of care including: the responsibility to work safely, to take all reasonable care for their own health and safety, and to consider the health and safety of other people who may be affected by their actions.
We take all reasonable and practical steps to improve work safety conditions and strive to uphold core values of safety, knowledge, integrity and leadership in order to achieve its goal of zero harm.
Dominion Hotel Group is committed to:
Complying with all applicable health and safety laws, regulations, standards and other.
- Providing safe plant and equipment, for controlled work.
- Implementing risk and hazard management systems which are; relevant and suitable for the organisation’s risk exposure as well as identify, promote and continuously improve health and safety performance.
- Ensuring all managers remain directly responsible and accountable for the health, safety and welfare of their employees and provide adequate resources to assist managers in this cause.
- Provision of appropriate Health and Safety Training to all relevant persons.
- Maintaining relevant policies, procedures, systems, information, training, recognition programs, and organisational structures to support and communicate effective health and safety practices throughout the Group.
- Utilising appropriate internal and/or external expertise when required in all related activities.
- Establishing clear targets and objectives on a biennial basis to improve health and safety in the workplace.
- Effectively disseminating health and safety information to all employees as part of each business unit’s consultative process including forums and publications.
- Maintaining a positive safety culture through encouraging active participation, consultation and cooperation of all employees, contractors and visitors in promoting and developing measures to improve health and safety at work.
- Actively responding to and investigating all incidents, and ensuring injured employees are returned to suitable work at the earliest possible opportunity through equitable claims management and rehabilitation practices.
Dominion Hotel Group will implement and maintain these systems, inclusive of standards, policies and procedures. These standards will be monitored regularly to ensure their integrity and effectiveness to facilitate continuous improvement.